Learn Three Easy Wedding Decorations You Can Make On A Budget
A wedding is meant to be a joyful occasion, but it often turns into a stressful one because of how expensive planning a wedding can become. If you are getting married in the near future, cutting costs for your wedding may be easier than you think. Use the following guide to learn how to make a few wedding decorations to use at your wedding to help you save money and still have the wedding of your dreams.
Coffee Filter Flowers
Coffee filter flowers can be hung on the walls of your reception hall or scattered on the tables as decorations.
- Lay a large white coffee filter on a flat surface.
- Lay two brown coffee filters on top of the white coffee filter.
- Lay two white coffee filters on top of the two brown coffee filters.
- Lay one brown coffee filter on the entire pile of filters.
- Fold the entire stack of filters in half.
- Fold the filters again to create a triangle shape.
- Grab the filters at the triangle point where the centre of the coffee filters meet.
- Use tape to tape around the point that you are grasping to bunch the filters together.
- Open up the triangle to fluff the filters and you should see that you created a brown and white flower.
Paper Doily Orbs
Paper doily spheres are lightweight orbs that can be hung from the ceiling of the reception hall with fishing wire.
- Blow up white balloons.
- Use spray adhesive to completely cover one of the balloons.
- Lay paper doilies against the balloon and cover the entire surface of the balloon.
- Spray the balloon with spray adhesive again.
- Repeat the process with the other balloons.
- Allow the spheres to harden overnight and then use a needle to pop the balloons inside of the spheres.
- Create a small slit in the top of the orb where no one will be able to see the slit once the orbs are hung and remove the balloon.
- Hang the orbs with the fishing wire at different heights to create a romantic look.
Canning Jar Centrepieces
Placing a battery-operated candle inside of a canning jar allows you to get the twinkle of candlelight without having an open flame.
- Fill a canning jar half full with decorative rocks.
- Place the candle in the jar and then add more rocks around the edges of the candle to hide it.
- Wrap a piece of twine around the mouth of the jar and tie a bow.
- To jazz up the jar even more, you can use a permanent marker to draw your initials and your groom’s on the jars.
These simple crafts can be made within a very short period of time and with minimal effort. When the wedding is over, you can allow your guests to take the spheres, flowers, and even the canning jars with them. This will cut down on your clean up and allow your guests to have something special to remember your wedding. For more ideas and other decorations, contact a company like Joondalup Weddings.